Welcome to my Blog!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my BLOG. This is a great place to view some of the most recent happenings and latest artistic work that I have been up to. For a more complete view of my work and more detailed information about sessions, please visit my Main Site and/or Wedding Site

I am a published, award winning photographer who is currently serving the Metro Detroit/ Ann Arbor areas.
Yes, I am available for travel. My photography services are much different than a typical "studio" experience. To start with, we meet at fun locations, do wardrobe consultation, discuss styling assistance and end up with artistically enhanced images. They are works of art. Contact me today to schedule a fabulous custom session- you will LOVE the results. Availability is limited.

Specializing in: Wedding, High School Senior, Fantasy Sessions, Boudoir, Model/Actor Portfolios, Children, Newborn, Family, Maternity, Commercial, Black & White Photography and Fine Art.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to additional galleries, to change music selection, read inspirational quotes, find the archives, etc... Please obey all copyright laws at all times. Violations may result in fees up to $125,000. Do NOT copy images from this site.


Here are a few helpful links:

JenniferAlderPhotographyMainSite or on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Fun with the "K" Family ( Northville, MI, Family Portrait Photographer)

Winter: a freezing, snowy, relatively dark season lasting for what seems like eternity here in SE Michigan. Late January (after the holiday hype has fizzled down) and pretty much all of February (with the exception of Valentine's Day) can be brutal. Folks begin growing tired of shoveling driveways, warming up cars, dressing in multiple layers of clothing and watching out for icy pathways as they walk from place to place.

But... with the right attitude, this time of year can actually be a time for wonderful memories to be made. ENJOY the snowy season- just embrace it. :) Take in the beautiful sights of the snow with your family. Capture it in photographs. Yes, I know it is cold out there, but the pictures will be treasures- and the kids will LOVE every minute of it. Sound like a good idea to you? Book an appointment and let me do the work. You will adore the results.

The "K" Family definitely has the right attitude. This river was still flowing at parts but you can see the snowy background.


3 year old, Ellie, was super excited to get her hands on the snow! Isn't she a doll???


This area of the river was frozen over ..... Pure beauty.



Aren't they a cute family? Warmly dressed, great attitudes and good looking, too! Some people just make my job easy.
Absolutely full of energy and sweetness, this child is....I hope to work with her again one day.



This family loves to have a great time with one another. They actually PLAYED in the snow and I grabbed some candid captures of them. Fun, fun, FUN.


Thanks for meeting up with me on a chilly but amazing winter day, family "K". It was wonderful to meet and work with you. Nicole, you did a great job dressing and your little model. Jim, good call on the rocky river location! And, Sarah, thanks for sending them my way. Be sure to keep in touch- loved working with your family!!!


***Note: Winter photo shoots only take about 30 - 40 minutes. I do have some spots open if anyone out there would like to schedule one. Send me a note at jenlynnalder@aol.com or on Facebook. They are great for families, couples, models and kids!

COPYRIGHT LAW

Note:No image may be copied from this blog or my website without direct, written consent from the artist. Legal actions will be taken for those who choose to disregard this law. Please respect it!