Welcome to my Blog!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my BLOG. This is a great place to view some of the most recent happenings and latest artistic work that I have been up to. For a more complete view of my work and more detailed information about sessions, please visit my Main Site and/or Wedding Site

I am a published, award winning photographer who is currently serving the Metro Detroit/ Ann Arbor areas.
Yes, I am available for travel. My photography services are much different than a typical "studio" experience. To start with, we meet at fun locations, do wardrobe consultation, discuss styling assistance and end up with artistically enhanced images. They are works of art. Contact me today to schedule a fabulous custom session- you will LOVE the results. Availability is limited.

Specializing in: Wedding, High School Senior, Fantasy Sessions, Boudoir, Model/Actor Portfolios, Children, Newborn, Family, Maternity, Commercial, Black & White Photography and Fine Art.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to additional galleries, to change music selection, read inspirational quotes, find the archives, etc... Please obey all copyright laws at all times. Violations may result in fees up to $125,000. Do NOT copy images from this site.


Here are a few helpful links:

JenniferAlderPhotographyMainSite or on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Student Work on Display


Good evening everyone! It has been longer than usual since I have updated my Blog. Despite the cold weather, my schedule is actually slammed! I am currently working on 2 projects: The first is an artistic fashion collaboration between myself, a local make-up artist and 2 models. The 2nd is creating images of 3 different subjects for a non-profit organization based in Oregon. Stay tuned for more details. (hint: One of the subjects will be my niece, Melanie)

I also have upcoming Boudoir Session work that I will be doing (but not sharing on my Blog) for privacy reasons. The past two weeks I have met up with several brides -to-be and talked amazing wedding details!!! And, I have that winter give-a-way session to take care of in a week or two. Oh, and last but not least.... I have been working on lessons with 2 fabulous students.

The first wonderful lady I am working with is Aimee Eisaman, from PA, who runs Digital Darkroom Photography. Her web site is newly launched- check it out. She also is active on Digital Image Cafe, Betterphoto, and runs the Phello Photographers Club over at BP,too! The two of us are currently in the process of completing a 9 session online lesson package. Most recently she just finished a portfolio review and was introduced to a Senior Portrait/Modeling Lesson. Have a look at just one of her earlier assignment images below. The focus of this particular lesson was off center composition.

Image copyright: Aimee Eisaman DO NOT COPY

Another one of my current students, Lynne Fried, is just starting out her 3-lesson package. She is a really sweet person and does lovely work with her camera. She is a California resident, member of Betterphoto and also has her own photography business. Check her out at: capturetoday.net We spent some time on portrait retouching using specific tools and PS Layers in our first lesson. Below is an example of what we have been up to:

This is her "BEFORE" shot:
This is the "AFTER" Version of the same image using only select PS Tools + Layer blending, based on her personal preferences:

Image copyright Lynne Fried, DO NOT COPY


Thanks for stopping by everyone! Hope you are all having a GREAT New Year and staying warm while you are at it. Stay tuned for more updates here on my Blog. I have lots of fun projects coming up and you won't want to miss the details. :)

**Note: If you would like to sign up for an online lesson package with me, please send a note to: jenlynnalder@aol.com

See my Main Website for lesson and workshop information. Thanks! :)

COPYRIGHT LAW

Note:No image may be copied from this blog or my website without direct, written consent from the artist. Legal actions will be taken for those who choose to disregard this law. Please respect it!