Welcome to my Blog!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my BLOG. This is a great place to view some of the most recent happenings and latest artistic work that I have been up to. For a more complete view of my work and more detailed information about sessions, please visit my Main Site and/or Wedding Site

I am a published, award winning photographer who is currently serving the Metro Detroit/ Ann Arbor areas.
Yes, I am available for travel. My photography services are much different than a typical "studio" experience. To start with, we meet at fun locations, do wardrobe consultation, discuss styling assistance and end up with artistically enhanced images. They are works of art. Contact me today to schedule a fabulous custom session- you will LOVE the results. Availability is limited.

Specializing in: Wedding, High School Senior, Fantasy Sessions, Boudoir, Model/Actor Portfolios, Children, Newborn, Family, Maternity, Commercial, Black & White Photography and Fine Art.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to additional galleries, to change music selection, read inspirational quotes, find the archives, etc... Please obey all copyright laws at all times. Violations may result in fees up to $125,000. Do NOT copy images from this site.


Here are a few helpful links:

JenniferAlderPhotographyMainSite or on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com

Friday, January 1, 2010

Lessons and Workshop Area on my Web Site (Detroit, Michigan, Photography Lessons)

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that 2010 will be an amazing year for all of us. :)

I just wanted to take a few moments to let you know that I have officially added a new little spot on my web site. This area houses information about Lessons and Workshops. As some of you know, I do have a background in Arts and Education from U of M, with a secondary teaching certificate... and I LOVE to teach photography or photography tricks in PS to those wanting to learn. And, now it is official. Visit my Main Site today to check out the new info.


The lessons are one-on-one, done via email and skill levels cater to beginners through business owners. Lesson topics include Photoshop technique, creative vision, in the field exercises, portfolio reviews, and so on.

Visit my Main Site and then simply click on Lessons& Workshops at the bottom menu for additional information. Lessons are affordable and fun. Space is limited. I will be starting new work with 2 or 3 students this week but still am currently accepting a few more. During the winter, I prefer more indoor work... and so the amount of students I take on is greater. :)

If you would like to sign up, send me a note on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com


By request, I am also offering a workshop on April 30-May 1st here in SE Michigan. The enrollment is VERY limited (like 3-4 participants) so if you want in on it send me a message: jenlynnalder@aol.com This workshop will be small, personable, fun and have LOADS of talent. I have already lined up wonderful models and artists for a collaboration and cannot wait to get started. Once again, you can view more info on the new area of my Main Site.


If you would like to set up a workshop on a date other than April 30-May 1st, I am accepting topic and time suggestions now. I will most likely put another one together very soon. Perhaps a Trash the Dress or even an Urban Kiddie shot... stay tuned.

Thanks to Elise C. and Joan B. for being the lovely models in the artwork posted here today. :)

COPYRIGHT LAW

Note:No image may be copied from this blog or my website without direct, written consent from the artist. Legal actions will be taken for those who choose to disregard this law. Please respect it!