Welcome to my Blog!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my BLOG. This is a great place to view some of the most recent happenings and latest artistic work that I have been up to. For a more complete view of my work and more detailed information about sessions, please visit my Main Site and/or Wedding Site

I am a published, award winning photographer who is currently serving the Metro Detroit/ Ann Arbor areas.
Yes, I am available for travel. My photography services are much different than a typical "studio" experience. To start with, we meet at fun locations, do wardrobe consultation, discuss styling assistance and end up with artistically enhanced images. They are works of art. Contact me today to schedule a fabulous custom session- you will LOVE the results. Availability is limited.

Specializing in: Wedding, High School Senior, Fantasy Sessions, Boudoir, Model/Actor Portfolios, Children, Newborn, Family, Maternity, Commercial, Black & White Photography and Fine Art.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to additional galleries, to change music selection, read inspirational quotes, find the archives, etc... Please obey all copyright laws at all times. Violations may result in fees up to $125,000. Do NOT copy images from this site.


Here are a few helpful links:

JenniferAlderPhotographyMainSite or on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snow Shoot with Elise (Northville, MI, Model Photographer)

I am just going to be totally honest with you all. Winter is NOT my favorite season. I love warm weather, colorful leaves and flowers in bloom.... none of which are present this time of year.

But one thing that I DO enjoy about the bitter cold few months we have here in Michigan is how pretty the snow looks. As a result, this year I have decided to do at least a handful of photo shoots that display winter. The snowy backdrops are just too amazing to pass up.

Here are some images from my latest shoot with Elise, a 20 year old local model. We met at a field/woodsy area and were aiming to produce some artistic images. She did her own styling, although we collaborated on concept.

She loves textures and fun color toning....and anything artsy in general.

Just want to point out that she is laying IN the snow... wearing only a sleeveless dress on a 30 degree day. We were freeeeezing!!!!! But I love this image:

Doesn't she have a fabulous look?!!?

We left the woodsy spot and I noticed that the light at a nearby field was just beautiful. So... we stopped and took a few more:



Then, I saw the blue sky and part of a different golden field and made Elise hang around for a few more artsy shots. lol. We had to work fast though because the wind was much stronger in this area and (again) it was quite chilly. She was so fun to work with.... very dedicated!


Thanks for making the 2 hour drive, Elise... and for braving the cold. I had a great time with you guys! Keep in touch. :)

COPYRIGHT LAW

Note:No image may be copied from this blog or my website without direct, written consent from the artist. Legal actions will be taken for those who choose to disregard this law. Please respect it!