Welcome to my Blog!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my BLOG. This is a great place to view some of the most recent happenings and latest artistic work that I have been up to. For a more complete view of my work and more detailed information about sessions, please visit my Main Site and/or Wedding Site

I am a published, award winning photographer who is currently serving the Metro Detroit/ Ann Arbor areas.
Yes, I am available for travel. My photography services are much different than a typical "studio" experience. To start with, we meet at fun locations, do wardrobe consultation, discuss styling assistance and end up with artistically enhanced images. They are works of art. Contact me today to schedule a fabulous custom session- you will LOVE the results. Availability is limited.

Specializing in: Wedding, High School Senior, Fantasy Sessions, Boudoir, Model/Actor Portfolios, Children, Newborn, Family, Maternity, Commercial, Black & White Photography and Fine Art.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to additional galleries, to change music selection, read inspirational quotes, find the archives, etc... Please obey all copyright laws at all times. Violations may result in fees up to $125,000. Do NOT copy images from this site.


Here are a few helpful links:

JenniferAlderPhotographyMainSite or on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Give-a-way Winner (Metro Detroit, Photographer)

The holiday season is one of my favorite times of the year! I am so blessed and thankful for my family and friends. I decided to do a give-a-way session (valued at $750!) for a family in need this season and asked all of YOU to nominate someone you think deserves it. Wow- I was blown away by the entries this year. Thanks for sending them in ... and I encourage ALL of you to donate your time, gifts or services this season.

You can go ahead and read who the winner is below, but since all blog posts need a pic... here are some snapshots of my cat, Tigger. My fiance and I rescued him a couple of years ago. In the first one he is "pretending to play" with his toy. But you will see what he is really up to in the images that follow....taking position on the couch and knocking down candy canes! LOL. :)


The winner was choosen at random and was sent in by: Sarah K.
And she nominated her friend: Nicole & family.

Here is a little of what she sent in:

Hi Jennifer-

I have the perfect family for you... My good friend, Nicole, has had a really hard year...really hard. A year ago when her 13 year old sister was babysitting her daughter Ellie (3 year old cutie), Nicole and Jim's house caught on fire. The fire damaged enough where Nicole and her family had to move out for about 10 months so the insurance company could come in and repair all of the damage.

Nicole is an assistant in my group at work, and is probably the hardest working person out of everyone. She support about 15 people, and doesn't think twice when someone asks her to do something- she is ALWAYS going above and beyond. Her husband works for Sherwin Williams as a painter consultant. His name is Jim and he is a riot! ......... All of their family pictures were lost in the fire last year. Nicole was totally devastated. Nicole and Jim really want 2010 to be a "New Year" but they deserve so much more. Nicole is one of the best people I have ever met- and if I could put into words how amazing she is, and Jim and Ellie truly are... you would know just how much she needs this give-a-way.

So.... congrats, Nicole. You and your family won the family winter portrait session. Get in touch with me now or after Christmas to schedule a date! I can't wait to meet and work with you all.




And... now I am off to see a holiday movie with my nephew! Have a wonderful day everyone :)



COPYRIGHT LAW

Note:No image may be copied from this blog or my website without direct, written consent from the artist. Legal actions will be taken for those who choose to disregard this law. Please respect it!