Welcome to my Blog!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my BLOG. This is a great place to view some of the most recent happenings and latest artistic work that I have been up to. For a more complete view of my work and more detailed information about sessions, please visit my Main Site and/or Wedding Site

I am a published, award winning photographer who is currently serving the Metro Detroit/ Ann Arbor areas.
Yes, I am available for travel. My photography services are much different than a typical "studio" experience. To start with, we meet at fun locations, do wardrobe consultation, discuss styling assistance and end up with artistically enhanced images. They are works of art. Contact me today to schedule a fabulous custom session- you will LOVE the results. Availability is limited.

Specializing in: Wedding, High School Senior, Fantasy Sessions, Boudoir, Model/Actor Portfolios, Children, Newborn, Family, Maternity, Commercial, Black & White Photography and Fine Art.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to additional galleries, to change music selection, read inspirational quotes, find the archives, etc... Please obey all copyright laws at all times. Violations may result in fees up to $125,000. Do NOT copy images from this site.


Here are a few helpful links:

JenniferAlderPhotographyMainSite or on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Enjoying Autumn Sibling Style (Northville, Michigan, Custom Children Portraits)

Autumn. The most beautiful of seasons by far! Sigh.

I met up with two **adorable** sisters a couple of days ago to do custom portraits in the park. Autumn colour is out in full force this time of year and provided an absolutely gorgeous backdrop for our session together. The girls, Adrianna and Maya, are just 2 years and 8 months old, yet they arrived at this shoot like old pros. They were complete angels - a total delight to work with.

I sent Melissa (Mom) some outfit inspiration prior to the shoot via a link to Mini-Boden; we also discussed the importance of dressing the children in layered clothing with cooler outdoor temperatures. Accessories and fun color & pattern can really add a lot to already cute pictures. In addition to Mini-Boden, she was also inspired by The Children's Place. Catalog Fashion is a great place to find wardrobe ideas for photo shoots- and both of the above mentioned places have super cute outfits for boys, girls and babies. Mom did a terrific job of dressing her children for our scheduled shoot.

It gives me such joy to transform ordinary photos of kids into affordable wall ART. Enjoy the results-


Sister Love....



Fun with colorful leaves....


And just plain young, blue-eyed, Autumn cuteness...




I hoped you all enjoyed the show. Are these girls CUTE or what? I have too many favorites to even list. If they were my girls, these pics would be enlarged and all over my walls... or I would be passing them out for holiday gifts to the family. What treasures!!! I am looking forward to seeing them when Maya is old enough to walk for a fairy fantasy session, too.

If you have not booked a Custom Autumn Portrait Session and would like one... send me a note: jenlynnalder@aol.com or on Facebook. I have a few time slots open over the next couple of weeks and may just be able to still get you in. Yay!!

Stay tuned for upcoming Model, Boudoir and Photoshop lesson posts. They will be coming very soon. :)

COPYRIGHT LAW

Note:No image may be copied from this blog or my website without direct, written consent from the artist. Legal actions will be taken for those who choose to disregard this law. Please respect it!