Welcome to my Blog!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my BLOG. This is a great place to view some of the most recent happenings and latest artistic work that I have been up to. For a more complete view of my work and more detailed information about sessions, please visit my Main Site and/or Wedding Site

I am a published, award winning photographer who is currently serving the Metro Detroit/ Ann Arbor areas.
Yes, I am available for travel. My photography services are much different than a typical "studio" experience. To start with, we meet at fun locations, do wardrobe consultation, discuss styling assistance and end up with artistically enhanced images. They are works of art. Contact me today to schedule a fabulous custom session- you will LOVE the results. Availability is limited.

Specializing in: Wedding, High School Senior, Fantasy Sessions, Boudoir, Model/Actor Portfolios, Children, Newborn, Family, Maternity, Commercial, Black & White Photography and Fine Art.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page for links to additional galleries, to change music selection, read inspirational quotes, find the archives, etc... Please obey all copyright laws at all times. Violations may result in fees up to $125,000. Do NOT copy images from this site.


Here are a few helpful links:

JenniferAlderPhotographyMainSite or on Facebook or at jenlynnalder@aol.com

Monday, May 4, 2009

Little Punk Give-a-way Winner # 1

Hey Everyone-

You may remember that not too long ago I was hosting a Give-a-way session for your Little Punks?? Well, the weather finally cooperated and I was able to meet with the first winning family. What a FABULOUS day and amazing winning little girl. It was an absolute delight working with this little one. :)

Miss "J" is only 2 years old. She won a free session + print with me not too long ago. Usually when I meet with kids of this age I kind of "test the waters" and see what they are comfortable with. I want the child to have a GOOD time on the shoot- I want him/her to feel natural and comfortable with me and my camera. Sure... it takes a lot of patience, but I have experience working with kids and so I do know how to guide them properly. That is fine by me. My goal is to get wonderful pictures AND for everyone to have a positive experience. She had lots of energy and loved being outdoors so I pretty much let her take control of the shoot- I followed her around and played games (hide and seek, flower picking,bird watching,layed flat on my stomach in the mud, etc...LOL!!!) and it worked like a charm. What a cutie!



Here are more pictures from our shoot (WAY more than usual for a mini session but I just could not resist) Even though I had not seen this family in like 15 years, I do know them as members of my old Church and Mom went to my high school. It was the first time I had met her daughter,Little "J," and she was just SO dang cute and cooperative. Honestly, she held my hand and explored the location most of the time.
Plus, Liz told me while I was shooting that she had tried to get some picture of Miss "J" the other day in a group setting and it was a bit frustrating. I hope these images put a big smile on your face Mom and Dad(and grandparents).















And here are some with the tutu I brought along... cute stuff for sure :)




With her grandparents looking on...



And a bit of art...



Send me a note which image you would like to have me print for you, Liz :)
I am so in LOVE with this set of pics. What a delight this session was. Thank you both! I am so thrilled it worked out for us all. And.. YES! You may order whatever other prints you would like- see my a la carte menu for sizes and cost.

I would LOVE to work with "J" again in the future, so remember to call me next time she or anyone else in your family needs some pics. Fun, relaxed, and beautiful. :)

COPYRIGHT LAW

Note:No image may be copied from this blog or my website without direct, written consent from the artist. Legal actions will be taken for those who choose to disregard this law. Please respect it!